5 Dogs Creek Cowboy Action Shooters
say Thank you to Everybody who Helped
make this Event a Huge Success!
And Thanks to Everybody who Participated!
Happy Trails to All!
You are welcome at our monthly shooting matches!
See the “About” page for details.
April 30th – May 3rd, 2015
12 Main Match Stages! .
2015 Schedule of Events (subject to change)
7:00 am Registration (Main Office)
7:00 – 10:30 am Precision Single Shot Rifle LOCATION – on covered range south of Stage 1
Must sign up at the stage by 9:45 am to shoot! 7:15 – 10:15 am Long Range Lever Rifle (Stage 6)
7:15 – 10:15 am Long Range Lever Rifle (Stage 6)
9:00 – 11:00 am Wild Bunch meet on Stage 1 (2 stages) $5
9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm WARM-UP STAGES meet on Stage 5 (4 stages) Sign up at the Registration Office. The cost is $20. NOTE: Each warm-up session is limited to 80 shooters.
10:30 am – 1:30 pm Running With the Big Dogs (Stage 6; $2 per run) All funds will go the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
11:00 am – 2:00 pm Speed Pistol (Stage 3)
Speed Rifle (Stage 4)
Speed Shotgun (Stage 4)
Shoot long range rifle and speed stages as many times as you like. Your best time will be the one that counts. The first run is free and after that it is $1 per run. All funds will go to the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
1:00 – 3:00 pm Plainsman meet on Stage 10 (3 stages)
3:30 pm Posse leader walk through. Meet on Stage 1 This is for Posse Leaders ONLY.
Dusk Black Powder Night Shoot meet on Bay 11 (2 stages) $5
Friday: Six Stages
- 7:00 am Registration (Main Office)
- 8:00 am Mandatory Shooter’s Meeting
- 6:00 pm Dinner followed by the flying fiddle fingers of the Mad Trapper of Rat River and Brad Cole on guitar. The Mad Trapper has performed at cowboy events from Alaska to Arizona to benefit various benefit various charities. Tonight the spittoon is out for the Kern County Shriners. Under a different alias, the Mad Trapper has performed as a classical violinist throughout Canada, Europe, and the U.S.
Saturday: Six Stages
- 8:30 am Main Match continues
- 6:00 pm While dinner is served music will be provided by RedHouse Productions. During dinner the top 16 men and women will be invited to shoot the Top Gun Shoot Off on Sunday morning. RedHouse Productions will then provide music for dancing throughout the rest of the evening.
- 7:15 am – 8:15 am Cowboy Church (In front of Main Stage)
- 8:15 – 9:45 am Couples/Pairs Shoot
- 10:00 am TOP GUN SHOOT OFF: Come and watch the fastest 16 men and women shoot for the top spot at Stage 2. Count is 10, 10, and 6+. The finale, purely for bragging rights, will be Mars versus Venus.
The Awards Ceremony will begin approximately 20 minutes after the conclusion of the Top Gun Shoot Off.
*SASS Rules Apply. Must be a SASS member to shoot this match. Raw time scoring. Mail your registration before before April 10 to get the best deal. (But late entries are still welcome!) See Registration form for details.
Because of the need to manage posse flow, we cannot accommodate shoot-throughs. However if there are enough shooters to necessitate morning and afternoon relays, it may be possible to assign a shooter to both a morning and an afternoon posse on the same day.
*Interested in being a Vendor? Click here to download the 5DC Vendor Agreement for 2015. Any questions? Email the Vendor Wrangler for details & signup.
Sponsors – Personal & Corporate
Questions -> firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Vendor List
2014 Event Schedule
Friday & Saturday Dinner & Entertainment is included with your shooter registration. Extra dinners for Friday and Saturday nights may be purchased with your registration. In order to provide an accurate head count to the caterer, dinner tickets must be purchased in advance.
For registration forms & info call Email Registration Questions to The Mayor or call 661-203-4238.
YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS IT!
Registered shooters will receive confirmation by email or mail.
Click HERE to see the list of Registered Shooters for this event (when available).
TO BE DETERMINED DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS:
In previous years Camp fires were permitted in the camping area but ONLY in a portable fire pit. We are not sure about this year yet. The policy LAST YEAR was:
Fires must be in a container that holds fire off the ground.
Must have a screen / spark arrestor above the fire.
Area beneath the fire unit must be cleared of grass, debris etc. Please be safe & responsible!