Saturday side match specifics!
- Bring your .22s! Experience the evil genius of Bones Brannon in a man-on-man .22 rimfire race you won’t want to miss. Bring your .22 single action pistol and lever, pump or single shot .22 rifle…and all the ammo you can scrounge. How fast can you blow up a balloon with a .22?
- Bring your BB gun! Miss Barah Lee Misditt has a trio of targets that will make you giggle. Don’t shoot your eye out, kid!
- She-nanigans three-person team shoot! Teams will be drawn at random and will use main match guns. Better throw in some extra ammo, you don’t want to sit on the sideline for this all knock-down extravaganza.
Dog-nabbit details and a tax deduction!
To help raise money for a good cause, the ladies will be selling “dog-nabbits” which can be used to magically erase misses. Our charity this year is the AIS Cancer Center at San Joaquin Community Hospital in Bakersfield.
- Each day you may purchase a maximum of five dog-nabbits for $10
- Use them during the main match to erase misses. 1 dog-nabbit = 1 miss erased. Use them one at a time or all at once (can you say train wreck?) Dog-nabbits cannot be combined for procedurals or other penalties
- Dog-nabbits are not transferable to others and are good only for the day purchased
- Unused dog-nabbits can be entered in a special raffle for fabulous and unique prizes
Make your dog-nabbit tax deductible by writing a check directly to the SJCH Foundation. And, of course, any additional gift you may feel inclined to make will be welcomed.
Wear pink on Sunday. Folks from the AIS Cancer Center are planning to come out and we will take a group photo as we present our donation from the weekend.
5 Dogs Creek presents the 6th annual SHE-BANG!
BARMAIDS, BULLETS, AND BACON
October 4-6, 2013
What’s not to love about this year’s ‘triple-B’ theme? Join us for a kicked-up monthly match with shooting and she-nanigans hosted by the ladies of 5 Dogs Creek in Bakersfield.
* 5 stages each day (two separate matches) Come for one day or stay all weekend!
* Sign-in by 8 a.m.; shooters’ meeting 8:30 a.m.
* Regular daily match rate: Members $15; Non-members $20
* Everyone – shooters and non-shooters – will be entered in a raffle for treasured items donated by the ladies.
As October is breast cancer awareness month, we’ll be selling “dog-nabbits” to erase some of those pesky misses with proceeds benefitting the AIS Cancer Center at San Joaquin Hospital in Bakersfield.
* Hot dog it’s Friday! Potluck dinner with hot dogs provided; bring sides
* Side match Saturday! After lunch load ’em up for an unforgettable team shoot; .22 rimfire man-on-man challenge; and BB gun fun
* Saturday night bacon-themed potluck! Bring grub to share & your Lipitor
* Saturday night at the movies! Featuring a compilation of classic saloon scenes … and maybe a barmaid or two
* Cowboy swap meet! All weekend sell, buy, trade or barter your extra cowboy duds, gear or whatever
Free camping on the range Friday – Monday.
No pre-registration. No awards. No party-poopers.